Everyone knows that flowers can turn an uninteresting and gray room into a center of comfort and beauty. The result of decorating the apartment or balcony with flowers will be so amazing that you will not regret for a moment the time and effort spent.
Also, the presence of flowers in the home has the following advantages:
- They relieve stress. Both the process of gardening and the constant presence of colorful fragrant flowers can improve the mood and well-being of a person.
- Flowers can make a person happy and teach them to truly appreciate the beauty that y was created with their own hands.
- Houseplants and flowers will help you enjoy the pleasant aromas throughout the day.
- Flowerscano emits filtered oxygen, and this also creates a cozy atmosphere in the house for relaxation.
The best flowers should be in the house
If you want houseplants to please your eye for as long as possible, it is very important to consider all the needs of flowers.
Here are some important factors to consider before purchasing ornamental plants:
- The amount of sun;
- Frequency and amount of precipitation;
- The required amount of water and frequency of watering the plants;
- Care for houseplants.
Geranium is an outdoor plant with incredibly beautiful flowers. Geranium color is lush, luxurious, as well as surprisingly bright, and pleasing to the eye.
Caring for geraniums is very simple, and its aroma is sure to please you and all your loved ones. Also, the color of geranium is quite stable, so it will delight you throughout the summer.
There are many different types of geraniums, so you will be able to choose the variety of flowers that best suits your garden.
Care for Geranium:
- Arrange flowers in a sunny place.
- Protect the plant from cold winds.
- Water the geranium twice a week.
- Fertilize the plant every 15 days.
- Prune geraniums in the spring.
As the begonia has luxurious lush leaves and colorful flowers, it is perfect for a balcony. Note that the middle of the begonia can be red, orange, pink, white, or yellow. Begonia leaves are large and heart-shaped.
- Place the begonia in a moderately shaded place.
- Avoid direct sunlight on the plant.
- Regularly fertilize flowers with compost.
- Water the begonia three times a week.
- Choose a permanent location for the flowers and try to move them as rarely as possible.
- Do not touch the begonia once again, because the plant does not like it.
The height of this plant can range from 25 to 50 centimeters. Petunia grows in clusters, which is why it is perfect for decorating the balcony. Petunia flowers are both smooth and wavy. Petunias can be red, pink, purple, or have bright stripes. Note that petunia has a very pronounced aroma.
Care for PetuniaPetuniasia should be abundantly watered daily.
- Try to water the plant so that water does not get on its leaves and flowers.
- Place the plant in a well-lit place.
- During the flowering period, fertilize the petunia every 15 days.
4. Viola tricolor
When it comes to the best types of flowers for the balcony, it is impossible not to mention the viola tricolor. If you want your balcony or terrace to be pleasing to the eye and bright, then these flowers are definitely for you.
Viola is a small flower that has a colorful color of pleasant shades. They usually bloom in early spring. Viola is quite stable, so it can withstand even the cold season. Viola can be planted in separate pots, combine with other flowers or create vertical compositions for decorating a balcony or terrace. It is thanks to these incredible properties that the viola is deservedly considered one of the best flowers for a home mini-garden.
Care for Viola:
- To begin, plant viola in fertilized soil.
- Place the viola in a sunny place.
- Water abundantly once a week.
- Do not allow water to get on the leaves and flowers, because moisture is a favorable environment for the growth of fungi.
Zinnia is a surprisingly beautiful ornamental plant. The size of the plant can vary from 7.5 to 80 centimeters, depending on the variety of zinnia. Zinnia flowers are large with orange or yellow centers (sometimes there are flowers of other shades). Note that the color of zinnia is great for attracting butterflies. Petals can be single or double.
Care for Zinnia:
- Flowers should be placed in a sunny place.
- It is worth noting that zinnia like moderate temperatures.
- Zinnia can be planted in individual pots or flower beds with other plants.
- Zinnia should be watered frequently while preventing water from entering the leaves and flowers.
- Fertilize the plant every 15 days during the flowering period.
Picture Credit: Unsplash