A person’s mood directly depends on brain activity. The processes that take place in the human brain are incredibly amazing and complex. That is why any disturbances or changes occurring in neurotransmitters lead to sharp changes in mood.
Any biochemical processes in the body depend on many factors. For example, there are endogenous types of depression, in which a low level of serotonin in the body causes a person to feel helpless, anhedonia, and constant depression.
Meanwhile, the development of exogenous depression depends not only on unfavorable external factors but also on how successfully we can overcome stress and cope with both small and more serious difficulties.
Scientists claim that the development of depression also depends on the presence of certain amino acids in the body and a combination of certain neurotransmitters, including serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine.
Brain activity directly affects a person’s emotional state. Unfortunately, very often specialists recommend resorting to the use of certain pharmaceutical drugs to stimulate the brain.
Effective ways to improve brain activity naturally
1. How to fix dopamine deficiency and avoid depression
Low dopamine levels can cause many unpleasant symptoms, including fatigue, apathy, sudden mood swings, loss of interest in everything around you, and even depression. That is why it is difficult for a person with a deficiency of dopamine in the body to overcome depression.
Dopamine is one of the most important neurotransmitters because it transmits signals to the brain through neurons and nerve cells.
In addition, neurotransmitters are indispensable for the body, because they are responsible for a person’s ability to move, the quality of work of his musculoskeletal system, as well as the level of energy and motivation for interaction with the environment.
How to increase dopamine levels naturally:
- An amino acid that can increase the level of dopamine in the body is L-phenylalanine.
- The human body is not able to synthesize L-phenylalanine on its own, which is why it must be obtained together with food.
- Phenylalanine can convert into an amino acid called tyrosine and at the same time stimulate the production of dopamine.
To increase the number of amino acids in the body, be sure to add the following foods to your diet:
- Dairy products
- Nuts, particularly almonds and walnuts
- Seeds (sesame, sunflower, pumpkin)
- Green tea
- Blueberry juice
You can also improve brain activity with the help of meditation and regular physical training.
2. How to increase the level of the hormone of happiness – serotonin
Most antidepressants work in such a way that a whole series of inhibitors begins to produce serotonin without stopping. That is, instead of inhibiting the activity of the nervous system, sedative drugs do not give a person the opportunity to quickly overcome depression.
How to increase serotonin levels naturally:
- Include the following foods in your diet: bananas, dark chocolate, avocados, chicken, watermelons, blueberries, and milk. These foods can increase the level of not only serotonin but also dopamine.
- Find an interesting hobby: sign up for a drawing class, take dance lessons, buy a yoga subscription, etc.
- Listen to music: the positive emotions that listening to music evokes help restore the balance of chemical processes and improve brain activity.
Spend more leisure time with family and friends.
3. Good sleep can improve brain activity
Insufficient rest at night, poor sleep, insomnia, and other sleep disorders can lead to many serious disorders in the work of internal organs and systems.
How to improve brain activity with sleep:
- Stick to a routine: eat and go to bed at the same time every day.
Two hours before bedtime, put away all electronic gadgets, i.e. close the laptop, turn off the mobile phone, and put away the tablet.
- Do not exercise before going to bed, it is better to do it in the morning.
- Try to maintain a comfortable temperature in the house. Heat and an unpleasant suffocating smell can negatively affect the quality of sleep and rest.
- Do the same rituals every night before bed: take a hot shower, drink a cup of warm milk with honey, get comfortable in bed, and read a few pages of a book.
If you want to experience emotional and physical balance, first of all, review your lifestyle and adopt our useful tips.
Picture Credit: VistaCreate