Carpet in the nursery: how to combine hygiene, comfort and design
It is pleasant to watch the baby stomping with bare feet on the children’s room. He is warm and comfortable. And all because of the soft coating on the floor. Comfortable to the child, beautifully indoors. With a large variety of proposals it is quite difficult to choose a carpet in the nursery. It is necessary to take into account both interior conditions and quality characteristics.
Types of soft flooring for children’s rooms
You can call comfortable only that children’s room in which it is convenient and beautiful. It is important to design the walls, ceiling, floor, placement, quality and appearance of objects. The floor most often represents a flooring from uniform material. It can be complemented by soft flooring, among which there are several types:
- The floor in the nursery can be complemented by soft flooring, among which can be identified: carpet, carpets, modular soft floor
- Carpet. In the children’s room they cover the entire floor. It is a rolled material, not fleecy, has a monotonous printed pattern.
- Carpets. Limited to certain sizes of products made on a loom or manually.
- Modular soft floor. It is a fragment of synthetic materials that can be combined into one canvas (according to the type of puzzle collection).
The purpose of the soft flooring for children’s rooms is the following:
- provide pleasant tactile sensations;
- create a warm floor layer;
- to complement the interior of the room.
It is necessary to choose a floor covering for a nursery taking into account the sizes of the room, features of an interior, a floor and age of the child. The most important characteristic is also environmental friendliness of products. It is primarily determined by the quality of materials and the specifics of the production technologies used.
The materials used for the manufacture of mats in the nursery
As materials for the manufacture of carpets for children used both natural and synthetic raw materials.
The basis of natural fibers are:
- cotton. The cheapest kind of raw materials. 95% consists of cellulose;
- wool. Sheep is mainly used. The warmest natural material;
- silk. The fiber is thin, the carpet has a greater density;
- linen. The material is smooth and soft.
Woven carpets are made of the above types of material. There are several other types of raw materials from which to make wicker products, they are also used in the arrangement of rooms for children. Wicker carpets for children on the floor can be performed:
- banana fiber, cheap and durable;
- bamboo with high aesthetic characteristics and performance;
- Koyra – products that have a rigid base and a pleasant top layer;
- jute – fiber plants, from which beautiful mats, paths are obtained.
As a synthetic material for the manufacture of mats in the nursery used:
- acrylic. Products do not lose color for a long time;
- nylon. Used as an additive in the thread for carpets;
- polyester. It is used as an additive to the yarn;
- polypropylene. Products are distinguished by high thermal insulation.
Helpful advice! When buying a mat in the nursery, it is necessary to specify the quality of the raw materials in order to correctly determine the operational characteristics of the product.
Carpet for children from natural yarns: advantages and disadvantages of products
If you ask an incompetent person the question of which carpet for a child’s room is most suitable, probably without hesitation, he will answer that it is natural. The answer can not be considered the only correct one. Such a carpet has both undeniable advantages and significant disadvantages.
Natural carpets can be made on machines. Such products are standard, have a perfectly smooth pile, a typical pattern, certain performance characteristics. There may be carpets and handmade. These products are notable for their unique pattern, originality of form. The price of handmade carpets is quite high.
The main positive performance qualities of natural carpets include:
- environmental friendliness of the material;
- presentable appearance;
- high level of thermal insulation;
- long service life (under certain conditions).
The natural carpet in the child’s room also has significant drawbacks:
- gets dirty quickly;
- troublesome to clean;
- on it long traces of moisture dry up;
- affected by moth;
- Allergy Contraindicated.
Caring for natural carpets in the nursery requires considerable effort. Removing stains does not always give the desired result, the product in such cases loses aesthetics.
Helpful advice! Choosing a natural carpet in the nursery, it is better to give preference to products with shorn pile rather than looped options that are much more difficult to clean.
Picture Credit: Picsea