The main enemies of man at any age is warm and polluted air containing pathogens. Help to cope with this problem can daily airing the living quarters.
This procedure allows you to avoid getting into the body of bacterial, viral and fungal pathogens of infectious diseases. That is why this event is a key direction in the prevention of respiratory viral infection and other infectious pathologies.
Benefits of airing
In addition to the prevention of infectious pathologies, it must be mentioned that the daily renewal of air has a beneficial effect on a person’s sleep. The benefits of room airing are as follows:
- Creation of favorable climatic conditions in a dwelling. Regardless of the weather conditions outside the window, daily airing contributes to the renewal of air in the dwelling and its enrichment with negatively charged ions;
- Reduction of air humidity. Every day, each member of the family absorbs indoor air, breathing out a gas mixture that consists of carbon dioxide and water vapor. Against the backdrop of this process, it becomes difficult to breathe in a dwelling. Daily ventilation solves this issue in full;
- Enrichment of room air with oxygen. Through the open window, a large amount of such valuable oxygen enters the room, which is necessary to ensure the normal functioning of the organism and accelerate the act of falling asleep.
Rules of ventilation
- During ventilation, avoid the draft effect in a residential area. For this, it is strictly forbidden to open windows located opposite each other. This rule is relevant during the off-season, when the human body is in a weakened state and is vulnerable to infectious agents;
- Ventilate the living room in the morning and evening. The duration of this procedure should not exceed 30 minutes. Do not leave windows open all day. If there is high humidity in the street, then such actions will lead to the formation of fungus in the room;
- In every family it is good to have a hygrometer that determines the percentage of moisture in the room air;
- In a residential area should not have a large number of indoor plants, as their abundance will lead to an increase in air humidity;
- A ventilated living room, watch out for the temperature, since too cold air will prevent a normal falling asleep. In addition, it can lead to an increased risk of colds caused by hypothermia;
- In the morning, first ventilate the room, and then cover the bed.
Ventilating a room with a newborn
If the house has a newborn baby, it is important for young parents not to neglect such rules:
- Frequency of ventilation of the children’s room is 5-6 times a day. The duration of one ventilation is 10 minutes;
- In the autumn-winter period, the daily frequency of airing is 2-3 times;
- The cot in which the baby is located should be placed in a place protected from drafts. In this case, the baby should be well wrapped.
If these recommendations are followed, the child can not be taken out of the ventilated room.
Clean and fresh air has a beneficial effect on the body of a newborn baby. Daily ventilation allows the child’s body to get acquainted with new microorganisms and smells, which he had not previously met.
Acquaintance with microorganisms living in the air, allows the immunity of the child to adapt to environmental conditions. If a newborn baby is sick, then the procedure is carried out at the indicated frequency, while taking the baby from the room.
Image credit: jeanvdmeulen